Makes about 8 pancakes
- 1 cup I Heart Quinoa Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1 cup spelt flour
- sprinkling of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 Tbsp Jem Organics Superberry Almond Butter
- Coconut oil (for the skillet)
- Optional garnishes: maple syrup, shredded coconut
- Grind quinoa flakes into flour in a coffee grinder or a food processor.
- Combine quinoa flour with spelt flour, sea salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate mixing bowl, thin out almond butter with water (1/4 cup at a time) by gradually mixing with a fork. Once water is incorporated, add almond milk and berries.
- Combine all wet ingredients with dry ingredients and form a thin batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- For each pancake, add about a 1/2 tsp coconut oil and pour 1/3 cup of pancake batter onto pan.
- Flip after 1.5 minutes and cook until edges are golden and crispy (about another 1.5 minutes). Repeat.
- Serve with an additional dollop of Jem Organics Superberry Almond Butter, blueberries, maple syrup and shredded coconut.