Got a couple of brown speckled bananas on the counter? Put them to good use with this easy, nutritious recipe featuring Toasted Quinoa Flakes and a few items from our friends at Garden of Life. The natural sweetness of the bananas plus a touch of Stevia in the protein powder means no sweeteners are necessary. This recipe makes about 9 muffins, and each one contains 4-5 g protein.
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons water)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1 scoop vanilla Garden of Life Sport Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 F and prep a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine mashed bananas, flax seed and water, coconut oil and milk in a mixing bowl. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Add quinoa flakes, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and walnuts and fold until a batter forms.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tray and bake for 5 minutes at 425 F and then 7 minutes at 375 F.
- Cool on cooling rack and serve.
Browse More Breakfast Recipes