This simple recipe will give you a moist, flavorful loaf of pumpkin bread that's filled with healthy fiber and plant-based protein. Eat it straight out of the pan, or toast slices for a sweet side with your breakfast.
- 2 cups I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1.5 cup of almond flour
- 1 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powdersprinkle of sea salt
- 2 cups canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups of mashed banana (2-3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls.
- Combine everything in a large mixing bowl and mix with a spoon until a batter forms.
- Pour into prepared pan and garnish with a generous sprinkling of chopped walnuts on top (to form a crust).
- Bake for 50-60 minutes (test with a toothpick to make sure batter is fully baked).