It's true, we're obsessed with quinoa, but when we aren't thinking about those protein-packed little seeds, we're thinking about other cool ingredients like jackfruit. We love the way our friends at Herbivorous Butcher seasoned their Shredded "Chicken" jackfruit, and thought it would be the perfect addition to these light, crunchy summer rolls and guess what? We were right.
- 1 medium carrot, chopped into matchsticks
- 1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cooked beets
- 8 basil leaves
- 16 mint leaves
- 1/2 cup Herbivorous vegan Shredded Jackfruit Chicken
- 8 sheets Vietnamese rice paper
- 1/4 cup natural-style creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs hoisin sauce
- 1/2 Tbs freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1/2 lime)
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Add the quinoa and water to a pot with a tightly fitting lid.
- Puree pre-cooked beets (store bought is fine) and add 1/2 of it to the quinoa and water.
- Bring beet puree, quinoa and water mixture to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together peanut butter, water, hoisin, lime juice, soy sauce, sriracha and maple syrup.
- Soak rice paper in a bowl full of cold water. Remove rice paper once soft.
- Spread rice paper onto a flat surface. In the center of the paper, layer on mint leaves, 1 Tbs beet-red quinoa, basil leaf, 1 Tbs vegan shredded jackfruit chicken, and a few carrot sticks.
- Fold in the sides and roll. Repeat 8 times.
Serve summer rolls with dipping sauce.