For this plant-powered spin on everyone's favorite party food, Toasted Tricolor Quinoa, black beans and walnuts replace ground beef for a meaty texture and substantial protein profile. We served these gluten-free nachos with Siete Foods Grain Free Lime Tortilla Chips for a little extra punch of flavor.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 green pepper, finely diced
- 1/3 cup cooked I Heart Keenwah Toasted Tricolor Quinoa
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup mashed black beans
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 batch Vegan Nacho Chee-Zee Sauce or this nut-free Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Other toppings: Avocado, jalapenos, black olives, etc.
- Siete Foods Lime Grain Free Tortilla Chips
- Sauté cumin, onion and green pepper in olive oil until slightly brown.
- Add quinoa, walnuts, black beans, tomato sauce and water and simmer uncovered for 7 minutes.
- Season with soy sauce, liquid smoke.
- Serve on top of Siete Foods tortilla chips with (vegan) nacho cheese sauce and other garnishes.
Browse More Snack & App Recipes