A frozen treat that delivers a superfood punch? Sign us up! This vegan, gluten-free recipe features a double dose of lucuma, a nutritious Peruvian fruit that contains beta carotene, iron, zinc, vitamin B3, calcium and protein. You'll find it in the Toasted Quinoa Flakes we've used for the cookies, and again inside the frozen banana "nice cream."
- 1 cup dates, pits removed
- 1.5 cups I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes, Oats & Lucuma
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 frozen bananas
- 1/3 cup of almond milk (or more, to taste)
- 1/3 cup Navitas Organics Lucuma Fruit Powder
- Blend cookie dough ingredients in a food processor and spread on a rectangular baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Store in freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Separately, grind frozen bananas, almond milk and lucuma fruit powder in a food processor, scraping down the sides frequently. Grind until smooth.
- Remove cookie dough from freezer and cut into even squares.
- Assemble ice cream cookies by spreading ice cream between two cookie parts.
- Eat immediately or store in freezer in airtight ziplock bags (to prevent freezer burn).
Browse More Dessert Recipes