It's the simplest snack imaginable, but there's something extra satisfying about taking the time to make your own vegan, gluten-free crackers. With just a handful of simple ingredients, including protein-rich Toasted Quinoa, these crispy critters are especially tasty when topped with nutmilk cheese from Punk Rawk Labs.
- 3/4 cup cooked Toasted Quinoa
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/3 cup water, plus more for soaking
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place cooked quinoa in a shallow container and cover with about 1" water. Leave to soak overnight.
- The next day, drain and rinse the quinoa. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine the soaked quinoa with all of the other ingredients. Process until smooth.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, roll the dough out thin.
- Move the parchment to a baking sheet, and bake for 12 minutes. The dough should still be soft enough to cut.
- With a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the cooked dough into squares and return to the oven for an additional 12 minutes.
- Top with Punk Rawk Labs Cashew of the Woods Cheese and Shishito Gold Mustard and fig jam.