This type of blend-and-eat snack is all the rage right now, and for good reason. You can easily swap ingredients in and out to suit your taste and nutritional needs. Add dried berries, some citrus zest, a pinch of cinnamon - the possibilities are endless. This recipe in particular combines Toasted Quinoa Flakes with cocoa and maca for a chocolatey bite kids will love.
- 1/2 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1/2 cups of walnuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates, soaked in warm water and pits removed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maca powder
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- sprinkle of sea salt
- shredded coconut
- Combine quinoa flakes and walnuts in food processor and pulse until evenly chopped.
- Add dates, vanilla, sea salt, maca powder and cacao powder and grind until it forms a paste.
- Form 1 inch balls by hand and roll in shredded coconut.
Makes approximately 12 bliss balls.
Browse More Snack Recipes: