If you're like us, you've been mixing Toasted Quinoa Flakes into everything lately. Why not? They taste mild and nutty, and add protein to your favorite dishes! Our resident vegan cookbook author Natalie originally posted this recipe on her blog Bake and Destroy - you can swap in your favorite fruits and other add-ins to make it your own!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- zest from one organic lemon
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbs pure vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries*, rehydrated in water for 15 minutes
*Dried fruit works better than fresh in this recipe because it's not as juicy and messy.
We recommend using a food processor for this recipe rather than a blender because the dough can be sticky and tough to dig out of a blender.
- In a food processor, pulse together the cashews, quinoa flakes, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until it forms a fine meal texture. Be careful not to pulse it into cashew butter.
- Add the lemon zest, maple syrup and vanilla and pulse until smooth. It will form a ball. Scrape down the sides and pulse until everything is blended.
- Scrape the dough into a bowl, and stir in the blueberries. You might need to get in there with your hands.
- Scoop out 1 tsp sized balls of dough, and roll smoothe between your pals.
- You can eat them right away, or refrigerate them until they're a bit more firm. Store in a covered container.
Browse More Snack Recipes