If you haven't watched The Vegan Roadie, you're missing out on some serious plant-based travel and foodie fun. But now you can hit the road to good taste in your own kitchen with The Simply Vegan Cookbook, written by Dustin Harder, the Vegan Roadie himself. Check out this sneak peek (featuring our own Toasted Quinoa, of course) and pre-order your copy today! Bonus: After the recipe, enter to win a FREE copy of The Simply Vegan Cookbook!
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Tortilla chips
- 3⁄4 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- and drained
- 1⁄2 cup vegan nacho cheese sauce*
- 1⁄2 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup vegan sour cream**
- 2 scallions, chopped
*Use the recipe in Dustin's book, or your favorite store bought sauce or shreds
**Use the recipe in Dustin's book, or your favorite store bought
- In a medium saucepot, combine the salsa, quinoa, water, soy sauce, and chili powder. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- On a large platter build your nachos starting with a layer of tortilla chips, then beans, quinoa, cheese sauce (see Tip if using store-bought cheese shreds), tomato, and cabbage.
- Add another layer of chips, beans, quinoa, cheese, tomato, and cabbage. Finish off the nachos by drizzling the sour cream over the top and sprinkling with the scallions.
Tip: If you’re using store-bought vegan cheese shreds, layer everything except the sour cream and scallions on an oven-safe platter or baking dish. Bake at 425°F for 8 to 10 minutes to melt the cheese. Carefully set the platter on a second platter, drizzle with sour cream, and sprinkle with scallions. Warn your guest that the main platter is hot!
Enter below to win a copy of The Simply Vegan Cookbook! U.S. entries only, please.