Once again we've teamed up with our friends at The Herbivorous Butcher to combine our Toasted Quinoa with their expertly crafted faux meats. This time we used their "shredded chicken" (made from jackfruit) for our take on Thai larb salad. We hope you try this one at home!
- juice of 2 limes (~1/4 cup)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs oil (e.g., peanut oil)
- 1 Tbs red chili flakes (Thai or Korean)
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chili, thinly sliced
- 1 package Herbivorous Butcher vegan Shredded Chicken (7.5oz)
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 head Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Tricolor Quinoa, cooked & cooled (follow cooking directions on packet)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, soy sauce, and oil.
- Add red chili flakes, shallots, and serrano chili and stir.
- Fold in vegan shredded jackfruit chicken, scallions, mint and cilantro.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a side of lettuce leaves and tricolor quinoa.
To eat, spoon chicken mixture and quinoa on lettuce wrapper and enjoy.