Have we mentioned lately how much we love cookout season? Partially because everything tastes better when you eat it outdoors, and partly because it's fun to show off the versatility of Toasted Quinoa! Be the veggie hero of your next cookout with these flavorful patties, and don't forget the potato salad.
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup Toasted Quinoa, cooked
- 1 chipotle pepper, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- olive oil
- For garnish: avocado, cilantro, pickled red onion, and whipped, unsweetened coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine black beans, quinoa, chipotle pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and salt in a medium bowl. Use a pastry blender to mash ingredients together. (You could also do this step in a food processor, pulsing ingredients together. Be careful to keep some texture intact.)
- With clean hands, scoop out your desired amount of the mixture and form patties. We like little sliders.
- Place the patties on the prepared baking sheet, and brush the tops with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish as desired, and serve on your favorite bun.