Makes 4 (1 & 1/2 cup) servings
- 1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa, white or tricolor
- 2 tsp blended peeled lemon
- 1 tsp date sugar
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp Savory Spice Blend
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 & 1/2 cups cooked or 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup peas
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- Cook the Toasted Quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon, date sugar, cumin seeds, paprika, miso and Savory Spice Blend.
- Add the quinoa, carrots, chickpeas, and peas and toss to coat.
- Add the raisins and cilantro and toss again to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Alternatively, you can serve this pilaf chilled - just cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.