Have you ever seen a beautiful Buddha bowl on Instagram and wish you could recreate it at home? Us too! So, we teamed up with two fellow Chicago brands to create a seasonal Buddha bowl recipe that's so simple your likes and comments are sure to skyrocket.
- I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa
- Upton's Naturals Original Jackfruit
- Urban Accents Pumpkin Mole Sauce
- Urban Accents Mesa Rosa Chipotle Seasoning
- red cabbage
- shredded carrots
- roasted chickpeas
- toasted pepitas
- hemp seeds
- sliced scallions
- diced mango
- chopped cilantro
- black beans
- sliced radishes
- sauteed onions
- Follow package instructions to cook 1 cup dry quinoa.
- Upton's Jackfruit is ready to cook straight out of the bag, but we gave ours a quick rinse with salt water just to season it a bit.
- Over a medium-high flame, saute the jackfruit and mole sauce for several minutes, until it's bubbling hot.
- Sprinkle the Mesa Rosa seasoning onto the cooked quinoa to taste. It has some kick, so start light and add more as needed.
- Scoop the seasoned quinoa into serving bowls and top with the cooked jackfruit and mole. Top with fresh veggies, herbs, pumpkin seeds or anything else you like. The key to a great Buddha bowl is mixing textures, temperatures, and flavors - sweet, spicy, savory and salty.