When it comes to healthy ingredients, you can't beat beets! These earthy root veggies can lower blood pressure, increase stamina, and detox your liver. For this collaboration with our friends at Cece's Veggie Noodle Co. we combined their Beet Spirals with a tangy, dairy-free cashew cream, nutty Toasted Quinoa and fresh dill.
- 1.5 cups of raw cashews, soaked overnight in water then drained
- 1 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/2 Tbs onion powder
- 1/2 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 Tbs vegan mayonnaise (e.g., FYH Vegenaise)
- 1 Tbs arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 10.7oz container of Cece's Veggie Noodle Co. Organic Beet Spirals
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa (cooked and cooled)
- fresh dill
- Combine cashews, nutritional yeast, onion, garlic, mayo, arrowroot, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice and water in a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Separately, sauté the beet spirals in olive oil on medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Combine beets with cooked quinoa and plate.
- Top beet noodles and quinoa with fresh dill and cashew dill sauce.
Pairs will with pickled vegetables and Russian black bread.