Beyond Sushi in New York City is one of our favorite places to eat. It's creative, super fresh and best of all - completely vegan. But you don't have to travel to enjoy healthy, plant-based sushi. With a few fun ingredients like Toasted Quinoa and Love Beets you can make tasty sushi in your very own kitchen.
Makes about 3 rolls
- 1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tbs miso paste
- 1/2 (8.8oz) package of Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado
- 3 sheets of nori (seaweed paper)
- Combine quinoa, water and miso paste in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Whisk miso paste while the water is boiling so that the miso is fully dissolved.
- Cover the pot and turn down the heat, simmering on low for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool covered for 15 minutes. (Adding the miso paste will help the quinoa retain its stickiness, a trick we picked up from Lazy Cat Kitchen).
- While the quinoa is still warm, spread evenly on flat piece of seaweed paper.
- Arrange a neat layer of sliced beet wedges and sliced avocado.
- Roll into a sushi roll and cut into 1 inch pieces.
Browse More Entree Recipes