With loads of veggies and protein-packed Toasted Quinoa, these enchiladas hit the spot without weighing you down. Instead of cheese, we're using heart-healthy avocados for some silky texture and fat. Throw these together for Meatless Monday, or any day!
- Olive oil (for plan)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup butternut cubed squash
- 1 diced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 cup Toasted Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 ts garlic powder
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Flour tortillas
- Avocado (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In pot with a fitted lid, heat olive oil over medium flame. Add spices and onion, saute until onion softens (3-4 minutes).
- Add mushrooms, black beans, squash, jalapeno, and Toasted Quinoa. Stir.
- Add water, then place lid on pot and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- While that simmers, place the chipotle pepper in a bowl and use a potato masher or fork to mash it. Add maple syrup, garlic powder, sea salt and tomato sauce. Use the same masher to mash it all together.
- Spread some of the sauce in the bottom of an 8" square baking pan. Place a tortilla in the pan. Add some filling, and roll so that the seam is down.
- Continue until the pan is filled with rolled, filled tortillas. Cover with the remaining sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with sliced avocado and serve.