- 1 cup cooked green lentils (cooled)
- 1 cup cooked I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa (White or Tricolor) (cooled)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 Tbs water)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Tbs dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbs nutritional yeast
- sprinkling of sea salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 (10.7oz) container of Veggie Noodle Co. Organic Zucchini Spirals
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh parsley (optional)
- 3 cups marinara sauce (store bought is fine)
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse the lentils, quinoa, almond flour, flax egg, olive oil, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper in a food processor until a coarse paste-like dough is achieved.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes (this resting step will make it easier to roll into vegan meatballs).
- Roll dough into meatball shapes by hand (approximately 1 Tbs per meatball) and place on prepared baking sheet, bake for 30 minutes (turning the meatballs halfway through the cooking process).
- Once the baking is complete, drench the meatballs in room-temperature marinara sauce.
- Separately, sauté zucchini noodles in olive oil on medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Transfer noodles to serving plate and top with marinara sauce and vegan meatballs.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.