Want to get into the cauliflower craze but not quite ready to say goodbye to potatoes? You don't have to! We've combined good 'ol spuds with Vitamin C-packed cauliflower, the complete protein of Toasted Quinoa, and topped it all off with a savory Mushroom Gravy made with help from our friends at Bou.
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Tricolor Quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp vegan butter (e.g., Earth Balance)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- mushroom gravy (1 cube BOU Mushroom Gravy bouillon + 1/2 cup water)
- Place cauliflower and potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and generously salt. Bring water to boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, vegan butter, almond milk, salt, pepper, and mash with a hand masher. Texture will be toothsome (as opposed to smooth puree).
- Add quinoa and thyme and fold in with a spoon.
- We also recommend adding some fresh greens (e.g., baby spinach or kale - optional).
- Serve with mushroom gravy.