Outside of nursery rhymes you probably don't hear much about mulberries. These chewy fruits are similar to raisins in flavor and texture, but are lower in sugar and higher in vitamins, antioxidants and essential minerals - making them the perfect addition to your breakfast cookies. We've combined organic mulberries from Navitas Organics and Toasted Quinoa Flakes in this easy recipe.
- 1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- sprinkling of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup Navitas Mulberry Berries
- Preheat the oven to 340 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients (quinoa flakes, almond meal, salt, baking soda, baking powder) in a mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (flax egg, vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup) and mix until a dough forms.
- Fold in by hand the chopped almonds and mulberries.
- Form inch cookie balls by hand and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then cool completely before serving.