In case you haven't noticed, we have a pretty major crush on The Herbivorous Butcher. We can't get enough of their delectable faux meats and vegan cheeses. For this scramble, we paired their world-famous Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage with our Toasted Quinoa, tofu, potatoes, kale, and a secret ingredient - black salt - which gives the tofu an "eggy" flavor.
- 1 1/2 cup diced potato (about 1-2 medium-sized potatoes)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup cooked I Heart Keenwah Toasted White Quinoa
- a few leaves of fresh kale, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 (14oz) block drained extra firm tofu, with water pressed out
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black salt aka kala namak
- seam salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 (13oz) packet of Herbivorous Butcher Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage, diced
- Throw potatoes into cold water. Bring water to a boil, and boil for 5 minutes. Remove potato from water, allow cool and pat dry. (This par-boiling method is crucial to getting your potatoes crispy).
- In a frying pan, over medium flame, heat oil and add potatoes. Cook without touching for about 5 minutes.
- Give potatoes a nice shake to turn sides and cook undisturbed for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat for another 5 minutes. Potatoes should have super crispy exterior at this point.
- Bring heat down to medium. Add onion, pre-cooked quinoa, tomatoes and breakfast sausage. Cook for 5 minutes stirring intermittently.
- In a separate bowl, combine tofu, turmeric, black salt and pepper. Crumble tofu with a fork and gently incorporate turmeric until tofu turns yellow.
- Now add tofu and kale to frying pan. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.