This play on rice congee, a popular Asian dish consisting of porridge-like rice and savory toppings, is made with Toasted Quinoa Flakes for added protein. It's the perfect way for savory breakfast lovers to start the day - and you can keep switching up your garnishes so it's never the same bowl twice. This time we used Farmhouse Culture Kimchi for a tangy flavor and gut-loving probiotics.
- 1/2 cup of I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1 & 1/2 cups of hot water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 inch grated ginger
- sprinkle of sea salt
- drizzle of sesame oil
- Farmhouse Culture Kimchi
- sweet corn
Optional: pickled ginger, sesame seeds, seaweed, fried onions, fried garlic, cubed tofu, miso paste, soy sauce.
- Place Toasted Quinoa Flakes in a bowl and cover with hot water. Cover with a lid or plate and allow it to rest for two minutes.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, and grated ginger - stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with salt and top with kimchi and other toppings.
Browse More Breakfast Recipes