In the South, corn grits are as crucial to a complete breakfast as coffee. You can make them sweet or salty, but we're Team Salty forever, so with some help our friends at Louisville Vegan Jerky Co., we came up with this vegan spin on an old favorite.
- 1/2 cup Toasted Quinoa Hot Cereal, Unsweetened
- 3 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vegan butter (we like Earth Balance)
- 1 cup vegan milk, unsweetened
- LVJCO Unreal Bacon Bits
- In a microwave-safe bowl, stir together the quinoa flakes, nutritional yeast, onion powder, mustard powder, and sea salt. Add the vegan butter and non-dairy milk.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, stir, and top with vegan bacon.
- Add more vegan milk for the desired creaminess.
- If you prefer to heat your milk on the stovetop, simply add hot milk to the mixture, stir, and allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes.