When our friends at Kitchfix sent us some of their grain-free granola we couldn't help but throw it together with some of our other favorite superfoods - coconut oil, cacao, and of course quinoa - to make these muffins.
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/3 cup mini dark Chocolate Chips (e.g., Enjoy Life Foods)
- Preheat oven to 425 F and prep a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine mashed bananas, flax seed and water, coconut oil and milk in a mixing bowl. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Add quinoa flakes, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and chocolate chips and fold until a batter forms.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tray and top each muffin with Kitchfix granola. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Cool on cooling rack and serve.
Browse More Breakfast Recipes