DId you catch Ravi on Instagram Live the other day with the folks from Eating Evolved? If not, here's a look at the superfood-packed banana bread recipe he prepared. Just grab some Toasted Quinoa Flakes and go!
- 1 1/2 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1x 2.5oz bar of Eating Evolved 2.5 oz Signature Dark 72% Cacao Bar, chopped
- 1/3 cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped (can also sub for walnuts or hazelnuts)
- Preheat oven to 340 F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl (quinoa flakes, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt).
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients (mashed bananas, flax egg, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract).
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients to make a batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Chop up Eating Evolved Dark Cacao Bar into coarse chunks and sprinkle on top of loaf.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove loaf from oven and top with chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until loaf has set and macadamia nuts have roasted.
Browse More Breakfast Recipes