Did you hear? Santa went vegan this year, and his reindeer are gluten-free! Leave him a plate of these cute cookies made with Toasted Quinoa Flakes and a tall glass of almond milk and you're sure to make the "nice" list.
Makes about a dozen gingerbread people or two dozen circular cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 1/2 cups I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp baking powder
- sprinkling of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients together in a food processor and grind until fully combined. Scrape down sides of food processor and continue to grind as needed.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes. This will make the dough easier to roll out.
- Roll dough flat on granite or marble board. Use festive cookie tins to make shapes (e.g., gingerbread people). Alternatively, roll the dough into 1 inch-diameter balls and press flat to make circular cookies.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on cooling wrack.
- Garnish with powdered sugar (optional).