You know, we could say a bunch of stuff here about this being better-for-you brownie recipe because it's made with superfoods like quinoa, cashew butter and cacao... but the fact is, it's a brownie recipe so no explanation is needed. We loved using Abby's Better Coconut Cashew Butter in these for a creamy, dreamy swirl.
- 1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa flakes, ground into flour in a coffee grinder
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated sugar or unrefined sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp of ground flax seed mixed with 2 Tbsp water)
- 2 chia eggs (2 Tbsp of ground chia seed mixed with 2 Tbsp water)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted and tempered
- Abby's Coconut Cashew Butter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together quinoa flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together coconut oil, brown sugar, molasses, sugar, and vanilla. Add in the faux eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- To prepare the topping, put chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir to combine and temper. Pour chocolate over brownie batter mixture and spread across evenly.
- Spoon out dollops of Abby's Coconut Cashew Butter on top of chocolate. Make swirl by taking a butter knife and gently swirling the melted chocolate into the cashew butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow brownie pan to cool and then cut into squares.