This unexpected and grown-up flavor combination is perfect with a cup of tea. Rich and creamy pistachios and warm, nutty Toasted Quinoa are the perfect pallet for a pop of aromatic fennel.
- 3/4 cup Toasted Quinoa
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tso vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 coconut oil
- zest from 1 lemon
- pinch sea salt
- pistachios, ground into a fine meal
- Preheat your oven to 325 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a coffee or spice grinder, grind the Toasted Quinoa into flour. Place the quinoa flour in a medium bowl, and add the chickpea flour, coconut sugar, fennel seeds and flax egg - stir to combine.
- Add the vanilla, baking soda, coconut oil, lemon zest and salt - stir until a crumbly dough forms.
- Using your fingers, pinch some of the dough off, and roll into a 1" ball between your palms. Roll each ball in the pistachio meal before placing on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool before serving.