Burlesque queen Dita Von Teese once said, “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.” But if someone hates this simple peach tart, they're just wrong. With only 5 ingredients (six if you count the sea salt) this juicy treat uses Toasted Quinoa Flakes in the crust for a bit of protein.
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, left in fridge overnight
- 3/4 cup Medjool dates, pits removed and soaked in hot water for 5 mins
- 1.5 cup of I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 2 ripe peaches
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Place your can of coconut milk in the fridge and leave it overnight.
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- The next day, carefully open the can and scoop out the coconut cream (the solidified goodness at the top of the can). Reserve cream in a chilled metal bowl.
- To make the crust, grind dates, quinoa flakes, 1 tbsp of coconut milk (from the same can from you took the coconut cream) and a sprinkle of sea salt (optional; this technically pushes the recipe to have 6 ingredients, but we're not counting) in a food processor for 3-4 minutes or until a fine paste is formed.
- Spread out crust on a parchment-paper lined cake tin.
- Next, whip the coconut cream with a whisk until foamy. Spread coconut cream on crust and pop the finished product in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut 2 peaches into thin slices. Mix peaches with the juice of 1/2 lime and set at room temperature in a covered bowl for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, arrange the marinated peaches in a fan shape on top of the tart. Cut and serve.
Browse More Dessert Recipes