What could be better than a freshly baked cookie? How about a freshly baked cookie with a coconut butter cup melted on top? How about a freshly baked cookie with a coconut butter cup melted on top that is also loaded with superfoods? We teamed up with our friends at Eating Evolved to bring you this yummy recipe that will nourish and satisfy.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, chilled until solid
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax seed egg aka 1 tsp ground flax seed + 2 tbspn of water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup I Heart Quinoa Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- sprinkling of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 4 Eating Evolved Coconut Cups, cut into chunks and chilled
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a hand mixer, cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Add flax egg, quinoa flakes, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and stir by hand until a dough forms.
- Form dough into golf-ball sized dough balls and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Top with chunks of Eating Evolved Coconut Cups.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Cookies should crisp on edges and coconut cups will melt ever so slightly. Cool and serve.