Looking for a free-from dessert recipe that's simple to make and tasty too? Try these Chocolate Sea Salt Quinoa Cookies made with Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels and our own Toasted Quinoa Flakes!
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup dates (soaked in water)
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips (69% Cacao), Regular Size Morsels
- course flaky sea salt (e.g., Maldon)
- Combine flax egg, dates, sunflower butter, vanilla, quinoa flakes, and baking powder in a food processor and pulse until mixture becomes a paste.
- Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking pan and divide into 1 tbsp-sized cookies. Use the palm of your hand to roll and flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, microwave chocolate chips for 3 minutes (or melt chocolate in a double boiler over the stove top). Stir to make to sure chocolate is tempered and silky.
- Spoon hot chocolate on top of cookies.
- Sprinkle with some flaky sea salt.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour and serve.