We love the combo of dark chocolate and sea salt, so when we found Quinn Snacks' gluten-free pretzels we couldn't help dunking them in chocolate for an extra decadent treat. Then we whipped up a batch of shortbread cookies with our Toasted Quinoa Flakes and dunked those, too! Whether your top your cookies with a chocolate pretzel or enjoy them separately we think you'll love this combo of sweet, salty and buttery too!
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa flakes, ground into flour using coffee grinder
- 3/4 cup extra-fine almond flour (or from real almonds, ground into flour using coffee grinder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat vegan butter with a mixer until soft.
- Add powdered sugar and continue to beat until fluffy.
- Add quinoa flour, almond flour, vanilla and salt and incorporate with your hands to form a dough. Kneed dough and form a ball.
- Place dough in freezer for 20 minutes (this will make it easer to roll out).
- Remove dough and press with the palm of your hands to flatten dough. (Note: this type of dough does not roll out like a traditional gluten-laden dough so you'll have to press it delicately with you palms).
- Once flat, use a cookie tin shape of your choice and punch out cookies (we used a heart-shaped mold).
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, dip in chocolate or decorate to your liking. We topped ours with chocolate-dipped Quinn pretzels!