When most people get bored, they watch TV or play on their phones, but when our co-founder Ravi gets bored, he makes mass quantities of homemade almond milk. If you've ever read "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" you know it's a slippery slope from having a glass of milk to needing a cookie to go with it - which is why you may have noticed a lot of cookie recipes on the blog lately! These vegan, gluten-free cookies pair perfectly with a tall glass of almond milk - leave them out for hipster Santa and you'll be sure to get just what you wished for.
- 3/4 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes, ground into flour (in coffee grinder)
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- sprinkling of sea salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbs ground flax seeds + 4 Tbs water)
- 3 TBs coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine quinoa flour, almond meal, coconut, baking powder, sea salt and brown sugar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flax eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 Tbs-sized balls of cookie dough on prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten cookies to desired shape before baking (cookies will not spread much during baking process). Bake for 7 minutes.
- Cool on cooling rack and serve.
Recipe inspired by Minimalist Baker.