In our humble opinion, the only thing better than vegan brownies are vegan brownies made with peanut butter cups and chocolate candies. When we saw Unreal's Dark Chocolate Crispy Quinoa Peanut Butter Cups we obviously had to try them. Turns out, they pair perfectly with a gluten-free brownie made with Toasted Quinoa Flakes!
Makes 6 brownies
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1 cup dates, pits removed and soaked in water for 3 minutes
- 5 Tbs raw cacao powder
- 5 Tbs shredded unsweetened coconut
- pinch Kosher salt
- 6x Unreal Dark Chocolate Crispy Quinoa Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate glaze (made from 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, we used Enjoy Life brand)
- Place pecans, quinoa flakes, dates, cacao powder, coconut and salt into a food processor and pulse until a paste-like texture is achieved. Scrape down side of food processor and continue to blend until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Press brownie batter into a muffin tin, approximately 2 Tbs of brownie batter per muffin mold.
- Melt 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips in a microwave until chocolate is pourable (approximately 2 minutes in the microwave, stir with a spoon until the chocolate is evenly melted). While the brownies are still in the muffin tin, spread chocolate glaze on top of each brownie to create a wet "glue".
- Place one unwrapped Unreal Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup in center of each brownie on top of chocolate glaze.
- Pop muffin pan in fridge for 1 hour until brownies have set.