The Buddha Bowl is a go-to meal for vegans everywhere. Combining lots of textures, temperatures and flavors it's a simple way to switch things up at mealtime, while still getting all your veggies and protein in. Quinoa is a favorite foundation for this meal, so we've stepped it up with Toasted Quinoa and some favorite Mexican flavors.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- white onion
- 1 cup Toasted Quinoa
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- diced red pepper
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups water
For the cashew crema:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours then drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Heat oil in a saute pan over a medium flame. Add onion, Toasted Quinoa, tomato paste, red pepper and garlic powder. Stir to combine, then add water. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, add the cashews, water, lemon juice and sea salt. Blend into a liquid.
- Fluff the quinoa mixture with a fork.
- To assemble, place quinoa in the bottom of your bowl. Top with veggies and beans of your choice - we like sweet potatoes, kale, black beans and avocado. Drizzle with cashew crema and eat!