National Peanut Day - the most fun nonsense hliday of them all!Read More
It's no secret that we "heart" quinoa more than most - but in recent years the high-protein, nutty-tasting seed as skyrocketed in popularity, making our quinoa fandom seem a little more normal every day.
These days, most people have at least heard of quinoa. Many people even know how to pronounce it. Some folks even eat quinoa on a regular basis. But for those of you who are still strugglng with what to do with nutritious, delicious quinoa, we'd like to offer you a few ideas.
1. Pretend It's Rice - Like rice, quinoa cooks quickly, and makes a perfect, fluffy little bed for your stir-fried veggies. Unlike rice, it's a complete protein, and it boasts a nice, nutty flavor - bonus!
Check out our quide for cooking fluffy, nutty quinoa every time, then use it in these recipes:
2. Stuff It - Give stuffed peppers and squash a nutritious, not to mention tasty kick by swapping your usual stuffing ingredient with cooked quinoa.
Try this recipe for Acorn Squash with Quinoa Stuffing!
3. Snack On It - We'd be remiss not to mention that we happen to make quinoa very easy to eat - perhaps you've heard of Quinoa Clusters, Quinoa Puffs and Chocolate Puffs?
4. Stone Cold - Once you've graduated from Warm Quinoa Academy it's time to further your studies at CQU (Cold Quinoa University). Cooked, chilled quinoa ups the protein count in any salad, plus it ads a fun texture and nutty flavor.
Try these recipes:
5. Get Baked - Quinoa is a popular baking ingredient for gluten-free chefs, or anyone who wants to get a little crazy in the kitchen. Save your leftover quinoa (if that's a thing in your house... it's not in ours) and use it in these recipes (or grab quinoa flour in the baking aisle):
What's your favorite way to eat quinoa?