Love our crunchy, munchy snacks? Well pat yourself on the back, friend, because every time you do, you're making an Earth-friendly food choice! In honor of Earth Week, we're giving you a special code so you can load up on quinoa snacks - just enter EARTHLING at check out to save 25% on any size order. Check our our five Earth-friendly facts about our snacks:
1. We source our quinoa exclusively from the Salar de Uyuni on the altiplano of southern Bolivia. Why? Because the farmers of Bolivia follow farming traditions that are completely organic.
2. Quinoa makes an excellent addition to your Meatless Monday meals — did you know practicing Meatless Monday can save about 104,000 gallons of water each year? (Find recipes)
3. Global food demand will grow 70% or more by 2050, along with a significant need for protein — an essential nutrient for human health. Plant-based proteins like quinoa could actually feed the world!
4. I Heart Keenwah products are Non-GMO Verified, which means we are committed to working with seed breeders and farmers who do not use genetically modified organisms.
5. Production of animal protein is responsible for 18% of all greenhouse gas. Quinoa, on the other hand, is a complete plant protein containing all 9 essential amino acids and can be easily substituted for animal protein.