Oooh la-la it's pretty fancy in the I Heart Keenwah kitchen today. We were inspired by Sir Kensington's Dijon Mustard to create this French Mediterranean classic with a vegan spin. Instead of tuna, we've blended Toasted Quinoa with tempeh, seaweed paper and a few other magic ingredients and topped it off with a zing of tangy mustard and lemon juice.
- 2 cups of fresh green beans or French haricots verts, blanched and cooled
- 2 small potatoes, quartered, blanched and cooled
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 red onion, rinsed (to remove bite) and sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cured black olives
- handful of amaranth leaves for garnish (optional, amaranth leaves are often available at farmers markets; if unavailable, sub for any microgreen)
- 1/2 cup cooked I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa White
- 3/4 cup (1/2 of an 8oz block) plain tempeh
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 large sheet seaweed paper
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- sprinkle of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp Sir Kensington's Dijon Mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a microplane
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Grind together vegan tuna ingredients in a food processor.
- Arrange as a block in the center of a serving platter.
- In the remaining space, arrange green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, red onions, black olives and amaranth leaves.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients until emulsified. Pour over vegetables. Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and fresh ground pepper and serve.
Browse More Salad Recipes