One of our favorite brands to high five at natural food shows is Dandies. A fellow Chicago company, they make soft and fluffy marshmallows without using any animal ingredients. We tend to eat them straight from the bag because they're just that good - but today we thought it'd be fun to see what happens when our worlds collide... and it was!
You can half this recipe if you just want enough for a couple people - or make a full batch and be the most popular person in your office.
- 1 bag of Dandies Marshmallows
- 1 cup Toasted Quinoa
- 1 cup of Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 2 cup of quinoa crispies (available on Amazon)
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine Dandies, margarine, and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second intervals, with a quick stir between each - until marshmallows are fully melted.
- Mix in quinoa and stir until evenly coated with marshmallow cream. Press into a greased 8" square pan.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir with a spoon to temper the chocolate and then fully coat the quinoa crispies.
- Once cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!