If there's a more comforting meal in the whole world than this one we have yet to find it. Creamy, "cheesy" Toasted Quinoa, tangy BBQ tofu and some fresh greens collide for a combination of colors, flavors and textures that will have your omnivorous friends asking for seconds.
- 1 cup Toasted Quinoa
- 2 cups water
For the vegan cheese sauce:
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup flour*
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp ground mustard seed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce*
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cooked, mashed sweet potato
*Sub your favorite gluten-free alternative, if desired
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and water. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In another saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add the flour. Whisk together, then add almond milk. Whisk again.
- Whisk in the nutritional yeast, mustard powder, garlic powder, sea salt, soy sauce, lime juice and sweet potato. Stir in the cooked quinoa.
- Pair with your favorite BBQ tofu recipe and garlic greens.