Quinoa for dessert? You bet your buttons! Our Toasted Quinoa Flakes (Hot Cereal) add a subtly nutty flavor to this sweet, but not-too-sweet dish. It's the perfect way to end a meal with no regrets.
For the filling:
- Four apples, peeled and diced
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 Tbs cornstarch (or arrowroot, or starch of your choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- dash sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- frozen raspberries
For the crumble:
- 1/2 cup Toasted Quinoa Flakes
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the apples, water, cornstarch, sugar, salt, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the quinoa flakes, almond meal, coconut sugar, cinnamon, sea salt and coconut oil until small crumbles form. Add the walnuts and stir to combine.
- Divide the apple mixture into four small oven-safe bowls and add a handful of frozen raspberries to each bowl. Top with crumble mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes until filling is bubbling hot.