2015 was a very exciting year for me - I graduated from college, purchased my first home and somehow still managed to spend some quality time outdoors with my friends and family! It is difficult to pick and choose the five things I am most thankful for, but here are a few:
1. Lake Michigan - Living within an hour drive of the "Big Pond" as some like to call it, has been quite the blessing! Being able to take a drive up north and spend an afternoon on my boat allows me time to decompress whenever I need to.
2. Excel - Without excel, my days would be spent trying to write reports and solve problems on a pen and paper. I can't imagine what those days were like!
3. Work - Life Balance - I believe that this is an important aspect of any job and am extremely grateful to have found a job that fits so perfectly into my lifestyle. Although it is intense at times, working in start-up environment enables me to have a flexible work schedule. This is extremely important when trying to plan my work commute around traffic patterns!
4. Many Mentors - I have been lucky to build strong relationships with many different mentors throughout the years. Whether it is involving one of my many hobbies or future career paths, I seem to have a mentor or person to go to for any situation. Without them, who knows where I'd be.
5. New Acquaintances - Over the passed 6 months it has been a pleasure to make many new friends and acquaintances. I am extremely thankful to have been given the opportunity to build my professional and social network.