1. backpack. everyone loves to have a new backpack and it’s easier for mom if they carry their own stuff. my little guy got some definite swagger in his step when he put this cute owl backpack on, and now he won’t take it off!
2. snacks. every day i pick my guys up from school and they look at me expectantly, hungrily. what did i bring for a snack? of course i bring them keenwah (cranberry cashew is their fave), but i also bring annie’s organic pretzel bunnies and happy baby beet/banana/blueberry squeeze packs.
3. highlights puzzle books. you remember these? they were the high point of the doctor’s office back in the day and yes, they’re still around! they help my little ones practice matching, counting, and writing. and they help me get them to sit down and spend some quality time with mom.
4. bike trailer. this is our school bus!
5. frog and toad are friends. my only complaint is that there aren’t more of these stories. we own them all and we’ve read them each about 50 times. they’re great stories about friendship and have simple words perfect for learning how to read.
6. number flashcards. hours of fun for only $1! i had no idea how much they would love learning to count with these. they are also a great distraction in the midst of restaurant meltdowns.