i do my best to take care of my family and knock it out of the park at work. and oh yeah, i'm supposed to have a little fun too. these 10 items make this ideal a little more attainable:
1. squeeze pouch packaging: whether it's plum organics, earth's best, or any number of brands, this packaging technology is brilliant. i can get my kids to actually eat their vegetables and i can take it on the go. priceless.
2. college nannies and tutors: your kids are sick, your mom can't watch them, and you've got a board meeting. don't panic: let this service save your day. within two hours someone who is vetted and background checked will come to save the day. it really gives you peace of mind that you will be able to meet your commitments.
3. finger puppet books: bring lots of laughs to the bedtime ritual with finger puppet books. they're also a great way to get the little ones to love books from day one: they can touch and interact with them, and the pages are thick for easy gripping.
4. stickers: there's nothing like the gleam in their eye when they get a new sticker. stickers are lifesavers, everywhere from the plane to the restaurant to the toilet training gauntlet.
5. jogging stroller: i'm not brand loyal here, i just think that sometimes when jr can't be soothed and mom is frazzled, a quick run makes everything feel more manageable again. run to the playground and back and everyone wins!
6. mumums: these snacks get your little ones some veggies, keep 'em busy, and don't make a mess. i must be dreaming now.
7. front bike seat: i love riding my bike. i love the feeling of freedom, the whir of the chain, the fresh air. and with this seat i can take my little ones with me too. since they sit up front, you can keep the conversation going and teach them all the great things about riding. i'll never forget the early morning ride along the lake michigan when i heard my son say "boat!" for the first time.
8. tasty bite 90 second rice: yes, you read that right. i didn't used to cut corners, but now it's a survival requirement. with great flavors (thai lime and tandoori) and real ingredients that are recognizable and pronounceable, it's hard to say no.
9. nosefrida the snotsucker: i hate snot. i don't like to look at my snotty kids, and i really don't like to look at other people's snotty kids. this handy gadget blows the old fashioned bulb syringe out of the water.
10. online grocery shopping: with peapod (or any equivalent online grocery shopping service), i can grocery shop while i'm on hold, waiting for the train, or getting in bed. it's so much easier than finding the time to get to the store, then doing battle with the little ones while you're there. it also makes going to the store a treat, because you can really explore and look for specialty items, while the boring old staples are delivered right into your kitchen.