i travel a lot for i heart keenwah: trade shows, demo tours, production runs, company meetings, etc. i travel light, limiting it to the bare essentials:
1. travel reading: any print-magazine that i can find about architecture or travel. it is my weakness.
2. snack of choice (aside from i heart keenwah): i am a big fan of our bff company simple squares' rosemary snack bars (available at most airports). they have a ton of cashews and almonds in them and the rosemary adds a nice herbal flavor.
3. luggage: as unprofessional as it may seem, i still travel with a messenger bag (my "briefcase" as i jokingly call it). my old freitag (made from recycled tarps) has lasted me over 7 years of heavy usage.
4. clothing: i go with a heavy rotation of grandpa sweaters. easy to pack and very versatile.
5. favorite work destination: i make the cross-coastal trip to portland, oregon pretty often to visit our west coast production facility. i love portland's proximity to the mountains, laid back vibe and overabundance of beer and coffee.
6. gadget: my iphone. from music to email to nytimes to camera, it all goes back to my iphone. my travel accessory #1.